Here are some links to interesting web pages which I have encountered.
This list is gatewayed to
My main blog where I post longer pieces is also on
The canonical URL for this page is
There's an Atom version at
You can see which links are most popular.
You can get versions with
- 2002-12-31: Lightbulb voltage regulators.
- 2002-12-31: Student chemistry experiments.
- 2002-12-23: The Spike Bike.
- 2002-12-20: Confessions of a Local Authority Cycling Officer.
- 2002-12-19: The "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" ...while Samantha... page.
- 2002-12-19: Stupid email disclaimers.
- 2002-12-18: "So I decided to explore randomness and some of the principles of quantum mechanics, through poetry, using the medium of sheep."
- 2002-12-18: BBC Variety Programmes Policy Guide for Writers and Producers.
- 2002-12-18: The pencil-user's pencil.
- 2002-12-17: Xeyes for the web generation.
- 2002-12-13: Christopher Hitchens on Mother Theresa.
- 2002-12-09: A Japanese guide to English football chants.
- 2002-12-09: Some good C programming tips.
- 2002-12-09: Hello Cthulhu.
- 2002-12-05: Linux jeans in Istanbul.
- 2002-12-03: Condorcet's voting system.
- 2002-12-03: Atmospheric optics.
- 2002-12-02: Some documents about ELF.
- 2002-12-02: The perils of driving in Cambridge without due care and attention.
- 2002-11-29: This mountain can only be seen for 12 days each year.
- 2002-11-20: The comp.basilisk FAQ.
- 2002-11-20: A nice collection of optical illusions.
- 2002-11-20: So you want the moon on a stick?
- 2002-11-20: Gulf Wars!
- 2002-11-15: Une diablotine très coquine!
- 2002-10-17: The telemarketing counterscript.
- 2002-10-16: Picture an earworm.
- 2002-10-16: The Downland Gridshell.
- 2002-09-26: The Campaign for Cambridge Freedoms.
- 2002-09-26: The Adelson checker-shadow illusion.
- 2002-09-23: Death of Silly Putty.
- 2002-09-20: If airlines sold paint...
- 2002-09-20: Swirly rainbow cloud.
- 2002-09-19: An interesting Project.
- 2002-09-12: Parsons code music finder
- 2002-09-02: An overview of the programming language C, more or less.
- 2002-08-12: This is the house that Jack built.
- 2002-08-05: Orkney's Italian Chapel.
- 2002-07-23: Not Mr Bunny's Big Cup Of...
- 2002-07-17: Problems of growth in development teams.
- 2002-06-28: Looking back at Knuth.
- 2002-06-27: Map of the world of spam.
- 2002-06-18: Mechanical automatic gearing in Lego.
- 2002-06-18: Cambridge Cycling Campaign Bike Week 2002.
- 2002-06-08: The joy of making the world.
- 2002-06-05: The world's flags given letter grades.
- 2002-06-05: Smartsuite at Sourceforge.
- 2002-06-05: UCSC SMART Suite seems to be the daddy of all this stuff, but their web site is broken.
- 2002-06-05: The ide-smart tool does yet more diagnostic stuff.
- 2002-06-05: IDE hard drive temperature reading under Linux.
- 2002-06-04: A motherboard with an on-board valve amp.
- 2002-06-04: Am I cute or not?
- 2002-05-31: An excellent tour of typography in London.
- 2002-05-29: A better syntax for exceptions in ML.
- 2002-05-28: If you were a Debian package, what would you be called?
- 2002-05-28: HAKMEM programming hacks in C.
- 2002-05-28: HAKMEM programming hacks.
- 2002-05-28: Alan Mycroft's clever programming tricks.
- 2002-05-28: Design Patterns in Dynamic Programming.
- 2002-05-27: RISC vs. CISC.
- 2002-05-23: Bullshit generator.
- 2002-05-22: IMAP/POP3 redirecting proxy.
- 2002-05-16: Roads of Britain.
- 2002-05-15: The emblem of the Univerity of Cambridge.
- 2002-05-15: What copyright looked like to Macaulay in 1841.
- 2002-05-15: Not all CDs are CDs.
- 2002-05-15: When Pulp Fiction meets Star Wars.
- 2002-05-15: The bomb-technician's T-shirt.
- 2002-05-15: Learn what "begging the question" is and why you shouldn't refer to it when you've just thought of something to ask.
- 2002-05-15: Top posters to new-httpd.
- 2002-05-14: It's a while since I wrote this, but here's an amusing war story.
- 2002-05-14: MacSween, the haggis specialists.
- 2002-05-14: The great cheiftan o' the puddin' race.
- 2002-05-13: The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant 10000 year marking system.
- 2002-05-13: The principle of least astonishment.
- 2002-05-13: Secure signal handling.
- 2002-05-10: Some people need to learn about siphons.
- 2002-05-09: An X server implemented as a Java applet.
- 2002-05-09: Vippy helps with BGP configuration.
- 2002-05-08: Caption competition.
- 2002-05-08: The joy of #!
- 2002-05-08: The shopping forecast.
- 2002-05-08: No, it isn't ironic.
- 2002-05-07: The story of Human evolution.
- 2002-05-07: The New Scripting Language.
- 2002-05-07: IP over DVB.
- 2002-05-03: The BIOS from hell.
- 2002-05-02: The Millennium Bridge problem.
- 2002-05-02: Great Concert Disasters.
- 2002-05-02: I see dead people.
- 2002-05-02: Liberals winning at US political debate?
- 2002-05-02: How to protest nicely on May Day.
- 2002-05-02: Knit your own ITV Digital monkey.
- 2002-05-02: Lisp: Good news; Bad news; How to win big. (Including The Rise of Worse is Better.)
- 2002-05-01: MultiSensit: a tool for extracting emotions from plain text.
- 2002-05-01: XCOM2002: Extreme computing -- the NTK/Mute festival of inappropriate technology.
- 2002-05-01: The Open Source Heathcare Alliance.
- 2002-05-01: Flame Warriors.
- 2002-05-01: Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet.
- 2002-05-01: Squeeze++: post-link-time whole-program optimization.
- 2002-04-30: info.eagle.current.status
- 2002-04-30: info.world.current.status
- 2002-04-30: info.us.election.current.status
- 2002-04-30: Miscellaneous Phoenix stuff.
- 2002-04-30: Adolf Hitler action figure.
- 2002-04-30: Stephen Wright jokes.
- 2002-04-30: Geek holiday destinations.
- 2002-04-29: Learning to shag is learning to be a Southerner.
- 2002-04-29: Wes and Sandra are current members of the Competitive Shagger's Association.
- 2002-04-26: The four condiments of the apocalypse.
- 2002-04-25: This page sucks and cannot be displayed.
- 2002-04-19: The Mallard Society of All Souls College, Oxford.
- 2002-04-19: By ye bloud of King Edward, it was a swapping, swapping mallard!
- 2002-04-19: What makes a fuckhead?
- 2002-04-19: What makes a fuckwit?
Tony Finch is
$dotat: doc/web/cgi/url,v 1.16988 2017/04/21 01:20:00 fanf2 Exp $